TandemComms will deliver a training course which fits your needs, based on the number of participants, their seniority and expertise, your budget and your location.
Course Content Our standard one day course for up to 6 people covers the following:
- Theory – understanding the types of media including the social media dynamic
- Understanding what makes a story – what is the hook?
- Sharing of techniques for handling both crisis and success messages, dealing with aggressive questions from potentially hostile journalists and maintaining control under pressure
- Practical media interviews with video playback analysis
- Individual interview scenarios, specifically for you
Benefits Our standard course is hands-on and is designed to give your spokespersons and teams:
- A real understanding of the media in all forms and how to use it
- An understanding of effective impact key messages for your organisation and how to make them simple and understandable
- An understanding of what makes a story
- The confidence to handle media enquiries
- The confidence to conduct face to face media interviews in different scenarios, handle the difficult questions and cope with media pitfalls
Trainer Martin Evans has over 34 years experience of leadership, communications, PR and dealing with the media. He has led diverse media teams in delivering outputs such as – a Royal Air Force TV documentary in Afghanistan – crisis communications (under tragic circumstances) in the military and National Health Service – proactive breakfast TV stories for a charity activity – difficult social media interaction – challenging public and media on public consultations for significant health and social care service change – local radio health campaigns.
“I can say it is one of the most valuable courses I have ever been on in terms of tangible outcome”
“Martin, I like your style of facilitation.
– Trustee, Papyrus
“You have a natural style that delivers key messages to bring out the best in everyone!”
– Senior National Press Officer, Papyrus
“Outstanding training…I was reassured and feel much more prepared for the media!”
– Senior Nurse Manager
“This course will be useful to me wider than just media but also in my leadership and management”
– Clinical Director
– Director of Nursing Acute Trust
“It exceeded my expectations – it was much more practical than theory-based which is the best way for me to learn.”
– Suicide Prevention Advisor
“I really like your style and approach to how you guide others.”
– Deputy CEO NHS Community Trust
Write to us
Fir Tree Lane
Speak to us