The best way to sum up public engagement is to quote Imelda Redmond, National Director of Healthwatch England:
“Engaging and involving people in how NHS services are designed and refined is an essential part of ensuring they deliver what patients both want and need. This is even more important at a time when the NHS is having to make some tough decisions about how care is provided.
“Good engagement is about much more than carrying out formal consultations. It’s about a mindset that puts people’s experiences at the heart of decision making every single day”.
Public engagement is a core public and charity sector activity and becoming more so for private enterprise. It does involve reputation and is linked to PR but it is wider than that and should involve and inspire.
It is about facilitating change and TandemComms can help you with that delivering a bespoke service which offers:
- Development of a strategic approach to public engagement – getting to the purpose and intent
- Effective simple and understandable plans
- Deliverable strategies which are sustainable and relevant to the resource available
- People (stakeholder) mapping to understand and reach out to your audience
- Advising – planning or delivering effective public formal consultation with follow up report
- Ongoing support if required
- Training to present – deal with media and interaction with social media
Martin Evans has over 34 years of experience in leadership, communications, PR and public engagement. Throughout his RAF career, he was at the forefront of community engagement and was proud to lead an RAF Station team to a prestigious Sword of Peace prize which was based on community involvement. He has led a successful but emotive public consultation for mental health significant service change. He is the Senior Responsible Officer for communication and engagement for Shropshire and Telford/Wrekin Sustainability and Transformation Partnership – to that end he s heavily involved in a large public consultation on reconfiguration of acute services.
Write to us
Fir Tree Lane
Speak to us